Style Crest, a Northwest Ohio Building Products Company, has immediate openings available for HVAC Technical Services Specialist. This role analyzes HVAC issues from service centers to determine the nature of the problem and if the problem is the result of the application, installation or a malfunction of the product. The Specialist will instruct the service center on how to perform the correction action to resolve the problem including inspecting, testing and replacing components and making adjustments to related equipment. This role recommends if the product should be repaired or replaced, if the warranty applies, and alerts management of redundant equipment problems, failures and service issues. This role must be flexible with work hours to ensure all calls are handled prior to leaving for the day and all emergency calls resolved.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
· Receives questions and complaints from service centers via the 800 number or written communication from service companies. Refers questions from homeowners to customer service.
· Analyzes issues to determine the nature of the problem and if the problem is the result of the application, installation or a malfunction of the product.
· Assists service center in how to perform the corrective action to resolve the problem including, but not limited to, inspecting, testing, replacing components and making adjustments to related equipment.
· Makes recommendations if products should be repaired or replaced and if the warranty claim should be accepted or denied based on analysis of the situation.
· Coordinates with service center and authorizes action to resolve service issue.
· Alerts management of redundant equipment problems, failures and service issues.
· Ensures all calls from the TMA Tech List (internal CRM program) are cleared prior to leaving for the day. All emergency calls must be resolved as well before closing for the day.
· Provides equipment training materials for enhanced service capabilities on current and modified products including service bulletins, videos, and hands on training.
· Works as a team to share information, assist with follow up items, resolve problems and cover work during absences.
· Inspects returned equipment to determine service issues, and reports findings to manager, customer, and vendor.
· Provides initial testing and application review for potential new products and applications.
· Performs other duties as needed to maintain the daily operations of the service department.
· Provides updated technical data for website maintenance and Warranty Policy Guide
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Must have a HVAC Journeyman License and/or equivalent work experience.
· Must have at least a high school diploma or GED.
· An Associate’s Degree focused in HVAC Technology and/or a Certificate of Completion from a Technical School that offers a HVAC program is preferred.
· Must have excellent telephone and customer service skills and effectively communicate with people in all regions of the country.
· Must have strong troubleshooting and analysis skills.
· Must be a problem-solver and use sound judgment to make decisions.
· Must be proficient in computer skills including: MS Word, Excel, Outlook and AS400.
· Must be able to multi-task and remain calm and professional during stressful situations and busy times of the year
Style Crest offers competitive compensation and benefits. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online or email your resume, references and salary requirements to email@example.com. We are an equal opportunity employer.