Sandco Workforce Solution is seeking a Seasonal Employment Trainer for our Summer Youth Program. The program consists of training youth with developmental disabilities during their Work Experience, or helping youth discover their dream job during Career Exploration. There will be a training day mid-June for Employment Trainers, a week of Job Seeking Skills Training for the youth in late June, Work Experience and Career Exploration will run during July and possibly the first week in August. A party will be held in August to celebrate successes. This is a great opportunity for a very rewarding summer!
Must have valid driver’s license.
Must have auto insurance.
|HOURS:||Approximately 3-5 weeks of seasonal summer employment.
Day shift, up to 24 hours per week.
- Provide on-site job coaching and educational services to one or more people who have various disabilities.
- Demonstrate positive work ethic, social and job skill development, and customer service to the people served and the employer host site.
- Supervise people served in community work settings, ensure safety, complete observation assessments, and provide unique coaching instruction.
- Write detailed daily notes that report the persons served abilities, strengths, interests, and limitations.
- Complete and maintain persons served employment records, files, and monthly billing.
- Act as a liaison between the persons served and the employer, family, and Sandco
- Assist in making recommendations for future employment services and needs.
- May be required to transport individuals in your personal vehicle.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Ability to operate phone, basic office equipment, and motor vehicle.
- Ability to write detailed and legible notes.
- Able to perform work training skills.
- Good communication skills.