Style Crest, a Northwest Ohio Building Products Company, has an opportunity available for an experienced Maintenance Mechanic who provides technical support to our 24/7 Vinyl Extrusion Operation. This role participates in activities, such as setups, changeover, and tear backs so all functions are completed in the allotted downtime to achieve utilization standard.
As a Maintenance Mechanic, you will be involved in the following (but not limited to) key act observes equipment in operation and uses all senses to help locate the problems.
- Examines parts and assemblies to determine changes in the dimensions or locate imperfections.
- Dismantles equipment to gain access to damaged or worn parts.
- Repairs or replaces worn or defective parts.
- Adjust functional parts for performance and clearances.
- Test equipment performance.
- Installs power wiring and conduit for newly installed equipment. Connects and tests power wires.
- Diagnoses failed equipment such as motors, wiring, PLC, I/O modules, variable frequency drives, and power supplies.
- Repairs and replaces failed electrical equipment such as motors, wiring, PLC, I/O modules, variable frequency drives, and power supplies.
- Use meters and electrical test equipment to troubleshoot problems.
- Troubleshoots and programs AC and DC drive systems.
- Align motors to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Replaces faulty components such as boards and cables and initiates purchase requisition and other paperwork.
- Tests repaired equipment to ensure corrective action was thorough. Understand proper lock out/tag out procedures.
- Diagnoses and replaces faulty mechanical, hydraulic or pneumatic parts or components. Processes the knowledge and the ability to MIG/TIG weld, braze metals, use torches, and stick weld.
- Maintains good housekeeping levels in the Maintenance department and the work area.
- Performs activities in accordance with the procedures outlined in the work instructions.
Qualified candidates should possess Associates degree or related field and/or equivalent technical experience. This role requires 3 to 5 years of significant experience in a fast paced 24/7manufacturing environment. Solid knowledge of mechanical and electrical fundamentals and the ability to apply this knowledge to troubleshoot problems is a must. Candidates must be willing to work a 12 hour rotating shift.
Upcoming Chamber Events