Style Crest has opportunities available now for dependable individuals to join our manufacturing team. As an Inspector/Packer, you will be part of a team that manufacturers vinyl siding products and accessories for the residential and manufactured housing industry.
- Packages product in cartons with the correct nesting pattern and piece count.
- Able to pack all siding panels.
- Able to package all skirting and skirting accessories.
- Able to pack all siding accessories.
- Able to pack product using semi-autopacker. Able to set up autopacker for new product and troubleshoot minor issues.
- Insures good product quality.
- Performs regular QA checks per packer inspection work instruction.
- Communicates any quality issues to the operator, QA, or Supervisor in a timely manner.
- Assists to identify defective product.
- Insures good carton quality.
- Cartons glued correctly.
- Correct labels on cartons.
- Cartons are square.
- Folds, glues, and labels tube cartons for lines as needed.
- Crates products per specifications.
- Able to crate all siding panels.
- Able to crate Skirting packs on tunnel wrapper.
- Able to use Robo-wrapper for crating product.
- Assists in starting up extrusion lines when needed. This includes stringing up the line, cutting scrap using hacksaw, and feeding part into the MRF.
- Assists in purging line out for any shutdowns. Puts vinyl tear off in properly labeled Gaylord once it has cooled.
- Assists in the training of new associates to defined tasks.
- Follows all safety rules and procedures.
- Practices good housekeeping skills by keeping work area clean and free of clutter. Keeps all vinyl scrap, labels, and spare cardboard picked up off the floor.
- Performs activities in accordance with the procedures outlined in the work instructions.
- Performs all other duties as instructed by Supervisor.
- Prior manufacturing experience preferred.
- High school diploma or GED.
- A positive attitude and a willingness to learn and work as a team player.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and complete any required paperwork.
- Ability to follow instructions
If you are interested in joining our manufacturing team, please apply online or in person at Style Crest, Inc., 600 Hagerty Drive, Fremont, OH 43420. We offer competitive pay, full benefits and paid vacation. We are an equal opportunity employer.