Summary: Prepares, packages, and delivers meals; maintains sanitary environment for preparation, and storage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use standard recipes and approved menus to prepare meals for each program.
- Prepare and refill steam table for production line ensuring temperature, quality and quantity standards are met.
- Responsible for the taste and quality of food.
- Prepare and package meals using approved portion control.
- Maintain cook’s area; clean, sanitize and maintain coolers daily; clean and maintain dry stock, supply storeroom, walk-in coolers and freezers; ensure kitchen is free of trash and cardboard daily; assist with cleaning and sanitizing of food service area; and complete daily mopping, to ensure compliance with state and local sanitation regulations.
- Conduct physical product inventory monthly and order supplies as needed.
- Ensure proper maintenance of equipment and facilities.
- Perform pre-preparation of following day’s meals as possible; calculate food amounts to be prepared.
- Prepare and submit required production records, temperature log and daily prep sheet.
- Deliver meals in specified timeframe to bulk catering clients and return empties; and respond to congregate pick up errors.
- Rotate with other staff to cover weekend and holiday service and fill in as needed to cover kitchen staff absences.
- Put stock away and ensure products are stocked efficiently, labeled, and rotated per regulations.
- Identify and document products that are nearing expiration, have quality issues or are expired.
- Ensure facility is secure upon exiting at shift end.
- Other duties and responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Required High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED). Must obtain ODH Level I in Food Protection as a Basic Handler Certification within three months.
Required one to three years experience in food preparation and service.
- Must submit to initial and/or periodic state and/or federal criminal checks.
- Must submit to initial and periodic drug and alcohol testing.
Upcoming Chamber Events