Bishop Hoffman Catholic School – Sacred Heart Campus in Fremont, Ohio is seeking a full time Custodian/Maintenance for the 2022-2023 school year. Preferred candidates must have a high school diploma and BCI/FBI background checks. Candidates must have a desire to work in a Christian environment and have good communication skills. The goal of this position is to keep the school building in such a state of operating excellence that they present no problems or interruptions to the educational program.
1. Cleans and preserve assigned areas and equipment.
2. Performs assigned custodial duties: Cleans assigned areas. Dry mops/washes floors. Cleans furniture, fixtures, walls and windows. Provides regular/orderly removal of trash. Moves/arranges furnishings, supplies and equipment as directed. Replaces light bulbs. Polishes hardware (e.g., door handles, push/kick plates, handrails, drinking fountains, etc.). Spot cleans stains.
3. Removes ice and snow from sidewalks, pull weeds, rake leaves; maintains grounds and equipment.
4. Performs ongoing preventive maintenance and minor repairs and maintains records on maintenance requests and services.
5. Completes painting projects.
6. Processes/distributes equipment, supplies and commodities.
7. Completes daily inspections of building grounds and equipment.
8. Maintains records of required inspections, pest control services, (contracted and internal performance).
9. Follows health and safety guidelines to clean up after injuries/sickness involving chemicals, solvents, blood, body fluids, such as vomit, and/or body tissues.
10. Assures building is adequately heated, has electric and water services and requests maintenance help when necessary.
11. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
12. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff and the community.
13. Ensures effective communication between building principal and staff to meet building needs.
14. Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as may be assigned by the building principal.
Interested candidates should submit via email a cover letter, resume, and references to Karly Cross, Sacred Heart Campus Principal, at email@example.com