** Applications must be submitted ONLINE by the application deadline: Wednesday,September 18, 2019 **
JOB DUTIES in order of importance
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
JOB DESCRIPTION AND WORKER CHARACTERISTICS:
: For purposes of 42 USC 12101.
1. Perform a variety of unskilled tasks to ensure cleanliness of buildings and facilities (e.g., sweeps, dusts, wet mops, and vacuums; dusts furniture; restocks restroom supplies; empties trash; washes walls, windows, doors, woodwork, and mirrors, etc.).
2. Performs minor repairs (e.g., simple plumbing, replaces light bulbs, hangs drapes, moves furniture, supplies and equipment, etc.); delivers packages and messages.
3. Uses lawn mower, rake, shovel and related equipment to maintain city grounds (e.g., mows grass, rakes lawns, shovels snow and dirt, sweeps sidewalk, etc.).
4. May supervise all duties of persons assigned from the work-fare program and the community service program of the local and surrounding area courts.
5. Performs duties of co-workers as workload dictates.
6. Follows progress of contracted jobs to assigned buildings.
7. Responsible for ordering paper products and maintenance supplies, and delivers to assigned building.
8. Has contact with vendors and oversees inspections (e.g., chiller, boiler, sprinklers, elevators, fire alarms, etc.).
9. Maintains required licensures and certifications.
10. Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.
11. Meets all job safety requirements and all applicable OSHA safety standards that pertain to essential functions.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Attends meetings, seminars and training sessions.
2. Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of training and work experience which indicates possession of the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below. An example of an acceptable qualification for this position:
Training and/or experience which evidences a basic knowledge of maintenance methods and techniques; demonstrable ability to perform light manual labor for extended periods of time and recognize safety warnings.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Valid driver’s license.
EQUIPMENT OPERATED: The following are examples only and are not intended to be all inclusive.
Vacuum cleaner, buffer, scrubber, dust cloths, pails, brooms, mops, lawn mower, shovel, rake, pick-up truck, hand tools, hand power tools, sprayers, etc.
INHERENTLY HAZARDOUS OR PHYSICALLY DEMANDING WORKING CONDITIONS: For purposes of O.R.C. 4167.
The employee: is occasionally exposed to irritating chemicals (i.e., cleaning supplies).
Note: In accordance with the U.S. Department of Labor physical demands strength ratings, this is considered medium work.