Job Title: Teacher Assistant
Pay Status: Regular Seasonal -Part Time – Average 25 hours per week
CDA or Associate’s; $12.70/hr; HS Diploma or GED-$11.50/hr.
Summary: Assist teachers with the daily operations in compliance with all policies, procedures, licensing and funding requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with implementing developmentally appropriate activities and strategies which support the social, emotional, physical and cognitive development of preschool children.
- Assist with providing an age appropriate learning environment that allows for individual differences.
- Assist with promoting and encouraging a positive learning environment and nurturing teacher child interactions.
- Substitute for teaching staff; assist with classroom activities.
- Organize, sanitize and store classroom equipment and supplies.
- Recruit and direct volunteers.
- Assist in conducting 2 educational home visits per child per year.
- Maintain accurate records and submit records as requested.
- Other duties and responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Required Associate degree in Early Childhood Education or related field. or High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED).
According to the Head Start for School Readiness Act of 2007 employees in this position must have a child development associate (CDA) credential, be enrolled in a CDA credential program that will be completed within 2 years, or have an associate or baccalaureate degree.
Up to one-year experience in early childhood development and up to one-year experience with word processing and internet software.
- Initial and periodic physical exams required.
- Must submit to initial and/or periodic state and/or federal criminal checks.
- Must submit to initial and periodic drug and alcohol testing.
Upcoming Chamber Events