• Heavy Equipment Technician

    POSITION SUMMARY:
     
    Under limited supervision, the technician performs repairs and maintenance on heavy equipment, compact heavy equipment, light service equipment and trucks and performs related work as assigned.
     
    ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
    ·         Diagnoses, rebuild and repairs company owned equipment.
    o   Fluid and filter changes
    o   Pull and replace engines
    o   Track undercarriage work
    o   Pull and replace hydraulic pumps and motors
    o   Pull and replace hydraulic cylinders
    o   Make hydraulic hoses
    o   Maintain Breaker Bit – quantity and sharpness.
    o   Perform other related repairs.
    ·         Diagnoses, rebuilds and repairs company owned Trucks and Trailers (1-tons to Semis).
    o   Fluid and filter changes.
    o   Lights and Brake maintenance (including field Semi-trailers).
    o   Perform other related repairs.
    ·         Performs inspection and preventative maintenance of vehicles and equipment.
    ·         Prepares and maintains records and reports.
    ·         Track and schedule annual Federal inspections for Trucks and Trailers.
    ·         Ability to perform DOT inspections on Trucks and Trailers.
     
    ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
    ·         Clean and maintain the mechanic shop and storage areas.
    ·         Inspect materials when added or returned to inventory and store in an orderly fashion.
    ·         Update Equipment Maintenance and Repair records.
    ·         Keep an inventory of Excavator/Backhoe buckets, including teeth information.
    ·         Maintain portable fuel tanks, keep them cleaned out and in good working order.
    ·         Perform other related duties as necessary.
     
    WORKING CONDITIONS:
     
    ·         Anticipate 95% of time will be spent in the shop and warehouse environment.  Remaining 5% of time will be spent in a vehicle.
    ·         Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
    ·         Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibrations.
    ·         Occasional exposure to dust and noise expected.
     
     
    PHYSICAL / LIFTING REQUIREMENTS:
     
    ·         Medium Work – Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.  This position will occasionally require handling items up to 75 pounds using mechanical assistance to load and unload a vehicle.  Pushing and pulling of this force up to 20 reps per day should be expected. 
     
     
    OTHER PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
     
    ·         Ability to drive (Local, distance over roads, and off-road at a jobsite).
    ·         Ability to move distance within & between warehouse/jobsite locations (Frequently on level ground and occasionally on uneven ground when at a jobsite).
    ·         Stand (Frequently when at the shop).
    ·         Sitting (Occasionally at the shop and constantly when driving).
    ·         Use of hands to finger, handle or feel (Frequently when working on equipment or entering information into a computer).
    ·         Reach with hands and arms (Frequently in a forward position and occasionally overhead).
    ·         Climb or balance (Occasionally, up to 5 reps per day on a step ladder).
    ·         Stoop (Occasionally, up to 20 reps per day)
    ·         Kneel or squat (Occasionally, up to 10 reps per day).
    ·         Talk and hear
     
    EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
     
    ·         High School education or equivalent.
    ·         Minimum 5-years heavy equipment repair and maintenance.
    ·         Knowledge of and experience in heavy equipment/tools related to the construction industry is highly desired.
     
    OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
     
    ·         Have a valid drivers’ license and qualify for corporate driving policy.
    ·         CDL Class A – or the ability to get one within the 1st year of employment.
    ·         Basic computer skills for tracking inventory and maintenance records.
    ·         Communicate effectively with supervisor.
    ·         Ability to work independently or in a team environment when needed.
     
     
     
     
    Interested applicants should forward resume to:
    Mosser Construction, Inc.
    C/O Human Resources
    PO Drawer D
    Fremont, OH 43420
    Fax (419) 334-9950
    Humanresources@mossergrp.com
     
     
     
    Mosser Construction is an equal opportunity employer.