Crew Worker (Housing)
Summary: Performs home weatherization and construction duties including diagnostic testing and material installation ensuring adherence to all funding source and corporate regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform house diagnostic testing including blower door testing, pan pressure tests, worst case draft, room to room and zone pressure tests.
- Responsible for loading weatherization materials and equipment on trucks.
- Perform construction activities to ensure proper completion of construction projects.
- Install insulation (cellulose, fiberglass, duct and rigid board).
- Perform infiltration duties such as caulking, weather stripping, replacing broken glass and drywall.
- Perform repairs necessary to allow for home weatherization.
- Perform repairs to heating, exhaust vent and other systems as assigned.
- Operate and maintain required tools, equipment, and systems in accordance with manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Maintain professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
- Assist in the training of new crew members.
- Other duties and responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Required High school diploma, general equivalency diploma (GED), or equivalent combination of education and experience and the ability to obtain Weatherization Technician Series courses certification within one year.
One to three years’ experience in weatherization, construction, or home repair fields.
- Initial and periodic Motor Vehicle Records checks, maintain a valid driver’s license, and maintain a safe driving record.
- Must have insured, dependable transportation available for daily use.
- Must submit to initial and/or periodic state and/or federal criminal checks.
- Must submit to initial and periodic drug and alcohol testing.
Upcoming Chamber Events