The Cemetery Administrator efficiently manages the administrative services provided at a cemetery. This person provides prompt and accurate assistance in all administrative matters. These services include property transfers, deeds, accounting reports, processing documentation related to burials, processing sales contracts as well as various clerical functions. The Administrator position reports to their Area Administration Manager.
Duties must be performed consistent with company mission and values and adherence to company policies and procedures.
Job Duties Include-
- Process sales contracts, cash and receipts into on-line program
- Review and process all required documentation for funeral services/burials and/or cremations
- File and maintain customer information for both new business and previous customers
- Perform day-to-day administrative duties as required, which may include but not limited to: inventory maintenance, ordering and receiving, filing, preparing burial paperwork, trust remittance, new hire paperwork and files, etc.
- Prepare billing information and maintaining accurate customer accounts
- Process payables as required (processing check requests and maintaining accurate vendor records)
- Office services management
- Maintain inventory of material assets and ensure all are in good working order/condition
- Coordinate administrative aspects of peripheral sales programs (re: flowers, grave blankets, etc.)
- Contribute to improving processes and systems
- General housekeeping duties
Experience and Educational Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent and completion of diploma training program at a college or technical school
- Bookkeeping, general office, clerical, account, accounts receivable and accounts payable experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of computers and MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) is necessary
- Above average communication skills
- High level of compassion and integrity
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities
- Detail oriented
- Professional and team player
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $9.00 to $11.00 /hour
Private office with door. Minimal contact with anyone other than one office staff. Gloves and masks are provided by the company. Typically not necessary due to limited contact with others.